Frequently Asked Questions...
- When does the Membership Year start and stop? Membership coincides with the Club's Fiscal year which runs from August 1st until July 31st.
- Who can be a member? Our bylaws stipulate that active membership in the Club shall be open to anyone who qualifies under one or more of the following categories: a) Any person who has received a degree awarded by the Graduate School of Business Administration, Harvard University ("HBS"). b) Any person who has completed the equivalent of one full year at HBS in a program leading to a degree. c) Any person who has received a certificate of completion from an official program of HBS of six weeks or more. d) Upon individual application duly approved by the Club, any person who attended a military course at HBS, the work of which qualifies that person to apply for admission as a candidate for the MBA degree with credit for two full academic terms. e) Any faculty member or administrator of HBS not otherwise eligible. f) Honorary members elected by the Board of Directors of the Club for terms of one year, subject to annual renewal.
- Who do I contact with questions concerning my membership status? Please email email@example.com
- How can I get involved? Just come to one of the many events and seek out one of the officers, indicating your interest in getting more involved.
- How do I login to the website? The system is integrated with Harvard's alumni database, so access is controlled by your LEFA (lifelong email forwarding address). For those of you not familiar with the LEFA, it typically takes the form of "first_initial last_name@class_designation.hbs.edu". An example for John Doe, MBA class of 2007 would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What if I don't know my LEFA information? Please call HBS Alumni Records at 617-495-6438 or email them at email@example.com. They can help you to set up your LEFA and/or reset your password. Use the same LEFA information to log into the HBS Club of Houston website.